Math Facts

Mije Speser
Administrator
As a coordinator I see many tutor log entries suggesting that our students need to study their math facts- specifically the multiplication tables. A student came into the room this evening who had made the realization that everything she was going to learn after multiplication was going to be built upon her being able to quickly come up with these facts. She went so far as to say she was going to take the next week off from tutoring to learn them. This may be an extreme approach but it highlights the importance of learning the multiplication tables- don't be afraid to suggest it, even strongly encourage if not demand it. It has to be done!